Chavez Forum
Dark Fantasy

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Chavez Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
DMT

BerichtGeplaatst: 26-07-2018 10:37:40    Onderwerp: Dark Fantasy Reageren met citaat
"
by James Jia

TORONTO Cody Eakin Jersey , Feb. 15 (Xinhua) -- NBA China's CEO David Shoemaker shared the organization's plans to further grow basketball in China prior to Sunday's All-Star Game in Toronto, the first one held outside of the United States in 65 years.

In an interview with Chinese media inside NBA Canada's downtown Toronto office, Shoemaker shared the steps that NBA China is taking to further grow the game of basketball in China.

""This year is our third year in a row where we have a special (Chinese New Year) promotion on television featuring James Harden, Steph Curry and Jeremy Lin,"" said Shoemaker. ""This one has a special place in my heart because of what we aim to do in China, which is grow the game of basketball and celebrate it with everybody in China.""

Since taking over the role of CEO in 2011, the native of Ottawa, Canada, has helped facilitate the continued growth of NBA in China, the NBA's largest market by population.

Despite the large following, the total number of Chinese-born NBA players in league history remain at five.

Since Wang Zhizhi broke barriers in 2001, Yao Ming, Mengke Bateer, Yi Jianlian and Sun Yue have followed suit. Among the group, three have been drafted; Yao 1st overall in 2002, Yi 6th overall in 2007 and Sun 40th overall in 2007.

With Yao was forced to retire due to injury in 2011 after eight seasons with the Houston Rockets, the remaining four were unable to replicate the same level of his success in the NBA. Wang, Bateer, Yi and Sun have all returned home to play in the Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) after no more than five years in the NBA.

""It's hard for me to pinpoint the moment in time that it will occur, but it will occur. I think there's too much talent and too much drive and motivation in China for it to be stopped,"" said Shoemaker.

""There will inevitable not just be one or two NBA players from China, but a whole group of them that will represent the country and represent it well and play on a national team that will be highly competitive in Olympic Games.""

Shoemaker believes that the best method of producing more NBA players will be through educating young kids in schools.

""We've already started working with the [Chinese] Ministry of Education to teach young kids how to bounce basketballs, pass basketballs, and shoot basketballs,"" he said. ""My dream and objective is to have that curriculum taught all around China. We'll see that happen pretty soon.""

In Shoemaker's home nation of Canada, the sport of basketball is as popular as ever, nearly 20 years after Canada was awarded two franchises in 1995.

Back in 1995, the number of NBA players born in Canada was only 13, with two active players on NBA rosters. Since then, 19 more players have entered the league with 15 of them coming in the last five years.

There are currently 12 Canadian-born players on active rosters in the NBA, including first overall picks Andrew Wiggins and Anthony Bennett.

Shoemaker hopes China can replicate a similar effect that Canada has with their growth strategies.

""Certainly what has happened in Canada with all the players getting drafted is a great celebration of Canada basketball and we'll have that kind of celebration in China, I'm sure,"" Shoemaker said.

"

Kanye West is a lot of things, but insecure is not one of them. Sitting down with BBC Radio 1 personality Zane Lowe for an hourlong interview airing Monday, Sept. 23, the rapper, 36, called himself "the No. 1 rock star on the planet" and said he's here push the boundaries of everything we think we know about art, music, fashion, and culture.

In fact, the hip hop star and new dad (to daughter North, 3 months, with Kim Kardashian) considers himself to be something of a revolutionary. Though he conceded that "there would be no Kanye West if it wasn't for Michael Jackson," he also said he'd reached a point that even the King of Pop hadn't seen in his lifetime.

"I've got to a point that Michael Jackson did not break down. I have reached the glass ceiling, as a creative person, as a celebrity...and I've been at it for 10 years," he told Lowe. "I look around and I say, 'Wait a minute. There's no one around here in that looks like me. And if they are, they're quiet as f--k.' So that means, wait a second -- now we're seriously like, in a civil rights movement."

West went on to say that he's had a hard time getting people to see his potential. "I shouldn't be limited to only one place of creativity," he lamented. "You guys don't understand -- I did the Air Yeezys and they eBay'd for $90,000...but I didn't get a call from Nike the next day."

In that way, he envies the empire his pal Jay Z has built. "Jay Z is more realized than me. More of his dreams and aspirations have come true," West said. "You don't realize -- I am so frustrated. Like, I've got so much I want to give...And I've got a million people telling me why I can't do it."

The aspiring fashion designer thinks he can do it -- and he's determined to prove it. "I'm not trying to regurgitate myself," he said. "I showed people that I understand how to make perfect. You know, [My Twisted] Dark Fantasy could be considered to be perfect. I know how to make perfect, but that's not what I'm here to do. I'm here to crack the pavement and make new grounds sonically...and culturally."

He added: "We culture. Rap is the new rock 'n' roll. We the rock stars...We the new rock stars and I'm the biggest of all of them. I'm the No. 1 rock star on the planet."

The "Black Skinhead" rapper also talked a little about Kardashian and their daughter. Asked whether he gets any time for himself, West said, "Yeah, it's like family time. That's what Kim gave me. She gave me everything, she gave me family, she gave me a support system. She was in a powerful enough situation where she could love me without asking me for money, which is really hard for me to f. Cheap Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys Cheap New MLB Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
susanmayer

BerichtGeplaatst: 07-06-2021 11:27:35    Onderwerp: Things to do post Reageren met citaat
Looking for some inspiration for your next trip? Find great vacation ideas and inspiration from Things to do post with your source for the web's best reviews and travel
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Chavez Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: